Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Marta Acosta, On Reading



"On the day I learned to read, I couldn’t wait to get inside the house to show my mother. We sat down on the front steps of our Berkeley home and I read my children’s book to her. Reading was magical and I was amazed that these ink marks on paper could tell a story.

I fell in love with reading that day and I am still in love with it.

There is a joke: What is the difference between a spouse and a dog? After a year, the dog is still happy to see you come home. A book always welcomes you, too."


{
Marta Acosta is the author of the award-winning Casa Dracula series, including the upcoming Haunted Honeymoon (Simon & Schuster/Gallery, October 2010). Her most recent novel is Nancy's Theory of Style, which was released in May under her pen name Grace Coopersmith. Her websites can be found here and here, and she blogs here.}



No comments:

Post a Comment