Friday, February 24, 2012

William Lychack, On Reading



"Aside from all of the obvious and ennobling reasons to read--information, education, entertainment--I also find that reading somehow suspends the conscious mind. I mean, I've never not found the answer to some problem or question or impediment in my writing life in my reading life. Among other things, the act of reading seems to true my tires, and when my writing life is going well it seems that my reading life is going well as well."


{
William Lychack is the author of a novel, The Wasp Eater, and a collection of stories, The Architect of Flowers, and his work has appeared in The Best American Short Stories, The Pushcart Prize, and on public radio's This American Life. For more information, please contact, lychack.com.}

No comments:

Post a Comment