Thursday, May 27, 2010

Matt Bell, On Reading



"The only books I want to read are ones capable of getting inside me, of remaking some part of me into something better, so that the person I was before reading is unrecognizable to the new me that has read. This is the same effect I now aspire to as a writer, that I am trying to get better at creating with each progressive fiction I make."

{Matt Bell is the author of
How They Were Found, forthcoming from Keyhole Press in October 2010, as well as three chapbooks, Wolf Parts (Keyhole Press), The Collectors (Caketrain Press), and How the Broken Lead the Blind (Willows Wept Press). His fiction has been selected for inclusion in Best American Mystery Stories 2010 and Best American Fantasy 2. He is also the editor of The Collagist and the series editor of Dzanc's Best of the Web anthology series. Visit his website here for more information.}

No comments:

Post a Comment